Friday, April 7, 2017

F is for Felanna




Felanna is a denizen of Helfin, the very village where Marabella grew up. She lived there all her life. She is the sister of Geoffrey, one of Marabella’s closest friends.

Author: Thank you for being here today.


Felanna: I’m not here to talk about Belle. She ruined my brother.

Author: How did Marabella ruin your brother?

Felanna: She and her Demalion friends started all these problems. Master Koros is just trying to keep order. My brother comes from a good family. We have money and station. He could have been a great scholar but he left University just before completion of his studies and took up the Demalion cause. They don’t even belong in our Valley.

Author: If the Demalions don’t belong in Common Valley, where do they belong?

Felanna: Don’t care! I just don’t want them here. Their magics are evil. I always knew there was something about Belle that wasn’t right. Her mother was a prostitute, you know. Belle always ran around the village like a wild dog. When we went to school, she was such a show off. She could read three languages. So what?! She and goat boy were always together.

Author: I thought you didn’t want to talk about Marabella.

Felanna: I don’t, so please stop talking about her.

Author: My books are about her. That’s why I’m interviewing characters from the stories about Marabella.

Felanna: Well, I don’t like her. I never have. She isn’t worthy of my brother’s friendship, for sure. I don’t know why I’m even talking with you. I never read your book. (walks away)

Author: Okay. Bye.


No comments: