Tuesday, April 4, 2017

C is for Celene


Author: I am very happy to have Celene with me here today for an interview. Celene is the Demalion Seer. She advises the Traveling Clan and uses her skills to tell fortunes for patrons. We’ll get right to the first question. When you tell fortunes, can you really see the future?

Celene: My magics are considerable; less powerful than some but more potent than most.

Author: That doesn’t really answer the question though. For instance, can you tell me how my second book is going to do?

Celene:  Shouldn’t you finish writing it first?

Author: I’m working on it. Really. I am. It’s just that I have so much going on right now. There’s the #AtoZchallenge and some contest entries I have to finish.

Celene: I haven’t consulted the cards but I predict that you will complete the book. But you will not make the first deadline you have set for yourself.  


Author: Wait. This is supposed to be your interview. Let’s move on to another question. You kept a big secret from Marabella for a long time. In hindsight, do you think you should have been more forthcoming?

Celene: As you chronicled in your first book, I told Marabella it wasn’t my secret to tell. That’s that.

Author: You have traveled up and down Common Valley for many seasons now, trading and entertaining. What do like most and least about it?

Celene: Sometimes life on the road can be hard, but I love it. I never did like staying in one place for too long. I truly enjoy meeting new people and having each day be different from the last. You never know what’s going to happen on any given day. It’s exciting. The downside is the way some people mistrust us. There was a time when Common folk found our differences intriguing; the idea of magics, beguiling. Thanks to the vile lies Koros spews about us that is no longer true. In some places we go, we are not welcomed. Because our ways and our speech are different, many of the Common folk fear us. And fear breeds hate. There have been many incidences of violence.

Author: Is that why Demalions refrain from using magics in Common Valley?

Celene: It is rarely a good idea to use magics around those who do not possess their own. It causes fear in some who do not understand it and jealousy in others. Our magics are as much a part of who we are as your pink skin and red hair are for you.  

Author: Thank you Celene.

Celene: Thank you for having me.


No comments: