Saturday, November 22, 2014

The Author Speaks - Louisiana Event

I just got back from my trip to Louisiana. It was a beautiful day for a drive.
   Thursday I spent most of the day with Mr. Allen's 4th grade class. We had a blast! The kids asked lots of great questions. They were gracious enough to let me read a bit from Marabella, Discovering Magics. Then I gave them a little from the next book, introducing Dorinda, Queen of the Pirates and her second mate, Salty William, named for William Salter. He is the student who named the Queen's ship. There were many excellent suggestions from the class but I decided to go with The Scarlett Mermaid.
   Mr. Curt Allen is a great teacher. Have a look at these pictures to see what a great time we all had.


William Salter and some of his "crew".

No comments: