Friday, November 14, 2014

The Author Speaks - First Book Signing

Yesterday was my first book signing. There wasn't much of a turn out but I did get to spend some quality time with some of my favorite people. I want to thank all the folks who couldn't come but sent wonderful messages and texts in support. I truly appreciate the positive vibes you sent my way. And to those who did make it out, I love all six of you.
   Next week I will be in Louisiana. I have scheduled a reading for Mr. Allen's 4th grade class at Doyling High. I know the turn out will be good because they have to be in school. (a captive audience!) I will read a bit from Marabella, Discovering Magics. I will also be giving them a little taste of the next book. The student who came up with the name I will be using for the Pirate Queen's ship will also be rewarded.
   They are gracious enough to let me hang out with the class for part of the day. I am very excited. I think it is going to be a blast. I will also have an opportunity to interact with some of the other students during the lunch breaks.
   Thanks again to everyone who offered support.  

No comments: